A coworker is running the Disney Princess Half Marathon on February 26. It is her first ever half marathon! She has invited me to join her. Needless to say, I’m seriously considering it.
- Cost. Not only registration, but also airfare and accommodations.
- A late February half means I’ll be doing most of my training in dreary January and February.
- 13.1 miles is so much longer than a 15K. (OK, so this is probably more a psychological barrier. I can be a wimp.)
- I’d have to use at least a day of my limited vacation time.
- It would be my second half marathon! Meaning that my first one wasn’t a fluke!
- Orlando is warm but not hot, and FLAT. 🙂
- Running through the Magic Kingdom and Epcot with Disney characters cheering me on? Yes Please!
- An excuse to travel and escape for a girls weekend with new friends.
- I’d have a goal that would drive my fitness through the winter.
- I would feel AWESOME!
The Pros have it. You can tell where my heart is leaning. Guess I should start saving!! Methinks it’ll be totally worth it 🙂